Summer nights are meant to be enjoyed. Your outdoor fun doesn’t have to stop when the sun goes down.
With the right lighting, warm nights can be the best time for entertaining family and friends or just relaxing in your outdoor living space. To get the most out of outdoor spaces, layer your lighting to adjust for different amounts of natural light and to illuminate dark areas and architectural features.
- Keep pathways and steps safe with downlighting. This will allow guests to see without the glare of lights shining up into their eyes.
- Provide adjustable, directed task lighting over cooking surfaces, eating areas, and conversation spots.
- Illuminate entryways with overhead fixtures or sconces on each side of doorways.
- Stay cool and comfortable with an overhead ceiling fan. Be sure it's wet rated to operate efficiently and safely in all kinds of weather.
- Create aesthetic appeal with spotlights and accent lighting to highlight special landscaping and design elements.
For personalized tips and to see the latest lighting fixtures and technology, visit a nearby ALA-member showroom.
Photo by Pure Edge Lighting.