Every year manufacturers offer more stylish, sophisticated, trendy, high tech, functionally superior ceiling fans. Lately they have truly outdone themselves with some of the most beautiful and innovative fans to date. While the myriad designs are a plus, it can make the selection process difficult.
Before you set out to purchase a ceiling fan, it’s best to ask yourself a few questions ahead of time, such as:
- How much do you want to spend?
- Where will your new fan be installed? An outside fixture must be wet rated, which means it can be installed anywhere inside or out. Other ratings account for damp areas or strictly indoor locations.
- What is your room size and ceiling height?
- Do you need a light on the fan?
- What style and finish do you want?
- Do you require a WiFi-enabled fan with a remote control?
To make sure you get the right size and style ceiling fan for your home, it’s always suggested that you talk to a professional at a local ALA-member showroom. Find more about ceiling fans online at ALALighting.com.