8 Lighting Design Trends to Watch in 2018
Wondering what's trending in lighting right now? Look no further than these eight design trends from Lighting magazine, then visit your local ALA-member showroom to make them a part of your home.
1. Botanicals - Pretty blooms and foliage offer an interesting riff on pattern, like in the Basilica by Eurofase.
2. Matte metals - Subtract the sheen for a more restrained accent, even in traditional or cottage-inspired fixtures. The Shelby by Savoy House is a beautiful matte piece.
3. Vintage details - The past becomes the present with new scrollwork, as seen in the Avila by Show House Feiss.
4. Shimmer - On the runway, glitter and glam rule - and they've made their way into lighting, too, like in the stunning Magnesite by Uttermost or the Glam by Access Lighting (pictured here).
5. Color, of all sorts - Look especially for saturated hues in rich tones like Pantone's color of the year, ultra violet. We love the Chimera by Currey & Company.
6. Statement wood - Look for interesting stains or grains like on the Silas by Canarm.
7. Pastels - Eggshell, salmon and their gentle-hue friends offer a restrained sheen in accent lighting. The Isla by Fredrick Raymon is a beautiful example.
8. Neutrals - Not feeling the color pop? You can still break out of the boring zone with subtle shifts in neutral tones. The sophisticated Amarena by Kichler Lighting does it right.
What we love the most about all of these lighting design trends is they can fit into just about any home. With the help of a trained lighting professional at your local ALA-member showroom, you can find a way to flawlessly work any of these beautiful trends into your existing space. The change may be small, but it can have a big impact.
Photo by Access Lighting